About the company
Tamilnad mercantile bank is one of India’s oldest private sector banks and was incorporated in 1921. It offers financial services to retail customers, MSME enterprises, and more. It currently has 509 full branches throughout India and a total customer base of 5.08 million with 1151 ATM machines. It was rated as the fastest growing private sector bank continuously for the five years from 2010 to 2015. It was also India’s first private sector bank to introduce computerization as early as the year 1983.
Strengths of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank
– It has a proven track record for financial performance.
– It has a strong presence in Tamil Nadu and is focusing on expanding its presence in strategic regions.
– It has a history of almost 100 years which means longevity is no issue.
– It has a loyal customer base in various segments like retail, MSMEs, agriculture, etc.
– It has a consistently growing customer deposit.
Now, let’s talk about the IPO details
|TMB IPO Date||September 5, 2022- September 7, 2022|
|TMB IPO Face Value||Rs. 10 per share|
|TMB IPO Price||Rs. 525 per share|
|TMB IPO Lot Size||28 shares|
|TMB IPO Size||Rs. 792- 831.60 crores|
|Issue Type||Book Building Issue|
|Listed at||NSE, BSE|
|Listing Date||15th Sept 2022|
TMB, one of the oldest private sector banks, worth Rs. 832 crores concluded last week with an overall subscription of 2.86 times with moderate demands through various investor categories. The public issue subscribed 6.48 times in the retail category, 1.62 times in QIB, and 2.94 times in the NII category by September 7, 2022.
|Investor Category||Subscription (times)|
|bNII (Bids above ₹10L)||3.10|
|sNII (bids below ₹10L)||2.63|
Grey Market Premium (GMP)
Tamilnad Mercantile Bank had a premium of Rs. 5 in the grey market on Friday which is a steep fall from Rs. 35 during the IPO days when it was ahead of the listing on BSE and NSE. The Grey market is an unofficial market for unlisted securities.
The timeline has been like the following:
|Date||Grey Market Premium (in ₹)|
The Tamilnad mercantile bank IPO’s allotment status will be available on Sept 12, 2022. The allotted shares will be credited to the allottees Demat account by Sept 14, 2022. The listing date of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank is September 15, 2022.
What can the allottees expect from TMB IPO?
This issue is fairly priced and holds good future prospects. The steady growth track record and the strong fundamentals of the bank balance well considering the moderately priced issue from a medium to long-term perspective investment.
The Red Herring Prospectus (RHP) of the public issue has become public and thus, has revealed that there is not much in the IPO for the public to grasp and hence why the investors have not been attracted the way they were with DreamFolks Services IPO. This is one of the reasons why the GMP (Grey Market Premium) has been falling so rapidly from its Rs. 75 high to a mere Rs. 5-8 this week.
Hope for the long-term
But nevertheless, the grey market premium is not the true reflection of a company’s true potential and fundamental financials, which TMB has proven to be strong and worth investing in for the medium to long-term.
Read Our Other Blogs too:
- Forex Trading legal or illegal in India?Do you Want to know about Forex Trading legal or illegal in India? than you are on the right blog, Forex trading has become an increasingly popular investment option for individuals in India in recent years. However, there is still confusion and concern among many regarding the legality of forex trading in India. In this … Read more…
- Top 10 forex brokers in IndiaThe foreign exchange market has become increasingly popular among Indian investors looking to diversify their portfolios and potentially earn profits from currency fluctuations. However, with so many Top forex brokers in India to choose from, it can be difficult to know which one to trust and work with. Top Forex Brokers in India ICICI Direct: … Read more…
- How to buy shares online without broker in India?Do you want know How to buy shares online without broker in India? here we discuss all the points about buy shares online without broker , Gone are the days when you had to rely on brokers to buy and sell shares in the Indian stock market. With the advent of online trading platforms, buying … Read more…